Are you stressed out? Journaling may help you. Keeping a journal helps you to develop self-reflective skills. It can become your best friend. I highly recommend it.
Journaling is a way to pour out your soul and mind on to paper. Give it a try for 21 days. Be sure to write everyday. I suggest writing every morning for 15 to 20 minutes. If you can’t do that, try at least to write for 5 minutes a day. The key is to find out what works for you. Do not stress out about journaling.
Here are some benefits of journaling
- Journaling helps you unplug from the world.
- Journaling teaches you gratitude.
- Journaling reduces stress quickly.
- Journaling gives you a sense of control.
- Journaling helps you understand the source of your stress and anxiety.
- Journaling helps you track your progress.
5 Tips on How to Journal for Success
- Use pen and paper, and not your computer or tablet.
- Begin or end your day by writing down a few things you are most grateful for.
- Make it portable and carry your journal with you. Journal in yourspare moments.
- Write down the significance of your daily actions.
- Write down your big dreams and goals!
I like to do a brain dump. If you want to time yourself, that would be great. Write quickly. Put down what comes into your mind, whatever is in your thoughts. Just write. Time yourself for 10 to 15 minutes, and keep writing no matter what every morning.
Other journaling methods include writing about specific topics or to writing down your thoughts and feelings surrounding events in your life. The key is to write, just write.
Journaling is helpful because the journaler writes about internal feelings and thoughts. The skill of reflective writing helps the journaler toward self -discovery and let them know themselves better.
Types of Journals to Keep That Help With Reducing Your Stress Reactions
- Gratitude Journal
- Prayer Journal
- Emotional Release Journal
- Personal Plan Journal
- Bullet Journal
- Happy Planner
- Artist or Doodling Journal
- Dream Journal
- Life Purpose Journal
- Q & A Journal
It up to you to decide on what journal or journals you keep for stress relief. Discover what works for you.
- Pick one journal type and one journal method. Try only one at a time. Journal everyday for 21 days.
- Write in the comments which one you have chosen for accountability.
- Get started. Grab a journaling and write about it in the comments.